Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do you change a fuel filter on a 1997 Honda Accord?

I have a four-cylinder Honda Accord that needs a new fuel filter. I have the fuel filter, and have been told that it's fairly easy, but I can't find the fuel line under the car. Does anyone know of a website to show me how, or can someone walk me through? Thanks!How do you change a fuel filter on a 1997 Honda Accord?
i blieve you filter is located either under the air filter box or on the firewall near the passenger middle of the engine comartment.How do you change a fuel filter on a 1997 Honda Accord?
Get ready to cuss a lot. The actual replacement isn't bad, metal line screws into both sides, but the placement on the 97 accord will make you want to choke an engineer. it is halfway down the firewall in line with the brake master cylinder. You will probably need 2 crow's feet to get the bastard out. Coming up from the bottom is slightly easier, but you are still going to need every swear word in your vocabulary.How do you change a fuel filter on a 1997 Honda Accord?
Spend about $18 on a Haynes Manual from Auto Zone. It will tell you everything you need to know...... and much more! I buy one for every vehicle I own so I can do repairs and diagnose problems myself instead of paying a dealer or mechanic. Also, some vehicle maintenance shops will give you some pointers for free, you just have to ask.How do you change a fuel filter on a 1997 Honda Accord?
That's because it's not under the car, open the hood, install your hood prop, stare at your winshield in the center, look a few inches to the left and you will see it. You take the two banjo bolts out and remove the fuel filter.