Wednesday, September 14, 2011

7.3 powerstroke fuel filter frequency of change?

Would like to know how long you can go with out changing the fuel filter on a ford 1996 E-350 7.3 powerstroke diesel..........i know the recommended interval is to 15,000 miles, would like to know just how much further you could go before you risk having problems or plugging up..... is 30,000 miles possible without worrying?7.3 powerstroke fuel filter frequency of change?
What I always do is keep all the tools you need to change it in your cab along with a few spare filters. also with the new Diesel out there you are probably getting water in your fuel. so buy some fuel treatment that will kill any bacteria in your tank. the only problem is the filter will need to be changed more often at first.7.3 powerstroke fuel filter frequency of change?
In my opinion 15k is about 7500 mi to far to go on that filter. it really depends on your fuel supplier and driving conditions but I cant tell you how many times I've seen 7.3s go only 7500-8000 mi before they needed a new one. My recommendation is 5k. Somethin that simple is just not worth breakin down over(like anything really is but you see my point?)7.3 powerstroke fuel filter frequency of change?
I agree, do it sooner rather then later than 15k. A cloged filter can cause a ton of problems.
  • .net
  • web hosting plans
  •