Thursday, September 22, 2011

Question on changing a fuel filter?

I have a 1989 cutlass ceira oldsmobile (3.3 Liter) and I want to change the fuel filter. When I turn off the engine will I have pressure in the fuel line near the filter that is located near the gas tank?



Please give me any tips on how to do this.Question on changing a fuel filter?
Yes, but as you slowly turn the wrenches to loosen the fuel filter lines, the gas will simply start squirting out. It won't keep draining for long. Wear safety glasses and rubber gloves. You can also press in the center pin on the fuel pressure schrader valve (a tire type valve) located on the fuel injection rail on top of the engine to relieve the pressure. Use a rag to soak up any fuel.Question on changing a fuel filter?
i would think so just loosing nut very slowly with rag round it careful you dont get in eyes