Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do i change fuel injectors on my '95 plymouth neon?

I have a '95 Plymouth Neon SOHC 2.0 manual transmition. I've been advised to change the fuel injectors due to a starting problem. (car cranks but won't start (already changed fuel pump and filter)). I've got a hold some new injectors and i want to try them out before i send the car away to a junk yard. Any general instructions will definitely come in handy.

THX...How do i change fuel injectors on my %26039;95 plymouth neon?
you would have to have a heck of injector fault for that to be the problem. Do yourself a favor of spending the cash and goto local parts store and ask if they have a %26quot;noid%26quot; light for the injector on that car. Most places like autozone sell them for around 8 bucks.

Unplug an injector and plug that into the plug. have someone try to start the car and notice if the light flashes. If it doesnt %26quot;and I bet it doesnt%26quot; then its not the injectors.

Also, does it have spark? You might have a crank sensor or even a timing belt problem.



You can have an injector flooding a cylinder, but it shoudl at leats try to start. never have I seen all injectors dump at once. so do as I mentioned above.

Feel free to email me from my profile and let me know if you have spark and noid light, I can tell you where to go from there.

But seriously, noid light it before replacing injectors.How do i change fuel injectors on my %26039;95 plymouth neon?
Very simple. I pulled mine off about 3 years ago when I installed a new intake manifold and from what I recall, there are only 2 or 3 screws holding the fuel injector rail in place. Once you have taken those out and removed the fuel line from the rail, unclipped the electrical plugs from the injectors, and release the fuel pressure from the rail ( very important, otherwise you could be soaked in fuel ), the whole assembly ( including the injectors ) comes off. You would then remove the injectors individually from the rail.