Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How to change oil filter and fuel filter in Astra 1.7 DTi?

I've a 2001 Astra 1.7 DTi LS 16V diesel. I plan to do the oil, oil filter and fuel filter change myself on the car. I've all the parts.



I think the OIL FILTER is in a housing just behind the engine and close to top, which needs to be opened with a spanner and the oil filter is a paper cartridge type filter inside.



Regarding the FUEL FILTER, there is another plastic housing with a torx screw on top, is this the fuel filter? The new fuel filter is a paper type too which I think would go into its housing.



Do I need to bleed the system after I install new fuel filter?

Is there any special thing I need to take care while removing and installing fuel filter?



Thanks for your help in advance..How to change oil filter and fuel filter in Astra 1.7 DTi?
I suggest you invest in a Haynes manual, it'll show you in photos exactly where %26amp; what the various bits are, and how to do the work - it'll pay for itself immediately.